Friday, June 5, 2009

Take up a swimming workout during the summer


Hey guys - it's hot down here where I live, reaches 100+ degrees F in the summer. I'm used to running in cooler temperatures, & for the past few months have literally had to wait until 7 pm, for everything to cool down to start my run. However, was driving the other day & drove past a pool in the neighborhood. Not one that's for kids to play, but an actual Olympic-sized pool to workout in. So I signed up & now my workouts consist of swimming, running, & weight lifting during the summers. It's a lot cooler, a lot more refreshing, more bearable, & a better workout (from what I hear) for your joints, calorie expenditure, etc. So give it a try. If it's too hot, go to your local swimming pool & work out there. That's the beauty of adaptability & flexibility.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment