Monday, August 17, 2009

How to Make a Full-Time Income from Blogging

Hey guys - a friend of mine recommended this site called MikesLife.Org. The owner is a full-time blogger (he & his wife). In the span of a year, he was able to go from zero to full-time blogger, making a full-time income. They generate revenue through affiliate marketing, advertising, and others. The interesting thing is that he & his wife have different blogs devoted to different subjects. Each one targeted to a specific niche in terms of content, customers. He's got some great content that is absolutely free. His wife's website is called LanzaroteInformation.Com, a blog solely devoted to the island of Lanzarote!

Couple of things I've learned from them on being a successful blogger:
1. Focus on a particular subject, something that you're passionate about so that it's easier to write about.
2. Generate outstanding content that is free.
3. Know everything about your customer, see everything from their perspective.
4. Focus on driving traffic - either through other blogs, word-of-mouth, friends, family, PPC, SEO, affiliates/partnerships, social media.
5. Convert that traffic into profits.

That's it!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Chris.
    Thanks so much for the glowing testimonial! I only spotted it by accident when I saw someone arrive on my site, who had clicked through from yours.

    Your summary of what we have done is totally accurate and well put.

    If you and your readers want any more information, let me know. I'd be happy to write a post or do an interview with you.

    Cheers

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike - thanks for visiting & writing. Great blog. An interview is in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Chris,

    I completely agree with you. There is something luring about Mike's blog. I cannot put my finger on it, but there is definitely something there. Maybe for me it is the fact that he has a unique personality – something that he markets quite well with his picture, writing and videos.

    I subscribe to his weekly newsletter which usually arrives Sunday night. It talks about what he has been doing for the last week, both online and off. For some reason I enjoy the 15 minutes I spend on Sunday nights reading about his life on the island. Sometimes it has nothing to do with 'making money' - that might be why I enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Roman - I enjoy it. It's great. Cool blog yourself. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete